Thursday 20 November 2014

NEXT!!!!




The time between finishing the writing of 'Fumbling Through the Light' and its release wasn't long, probably only about a couple of weeks, but even during that time, the movement to continue writing was strong. I think there had been a little part of me hoping that the writing was done and I could go back to music, Facebook and spiritual forums, but it wasn't to be, and trying to avoid more writing became uncomfortable. Fine. The only problem was what to write....I knew I was done with the autobiography style, so I began by just picking a subject. 'Love'....okay, yeah, I can write about that. 'Joy'....yup, I got something to say about that. 'Freedom'...yes indeed, I can find something to say. And that's how it went for a while, just picking topics that I thought I could say a few words on.

While all this was going on, we were busy moving from house to house looking after pets. The dogs and cats seem to make it so easy for me to write. I sit in a chair with a dog or cat next to me.....and I write. Something about their energy makes it possible. I also felt moved to invite Chris and Analis to write something, which Chris was all over, Analis somewhat less enthusiastic, but still wanting to join in with the writing party.

After a couple of weeks I began to see a book taking shape, and I was enjoying the writing. Totally different to 'Fumbling', I wanted to stretch myself in a different way. I like taking somewhat abstract ideas that relate to spirituality and translating them into concise terms that can be understood fairly easily, and I also wanted to lay out our dream, our vision and explain WHY it is possible. So what began as just talking about some stuff that I felt I could say something about began to take shape into 'A New Consciousness: A New World'.

As it turns out, I'm happy with the result. I covered all the ground I wanted to cover, I look at it and don't feel I could have done it better, or that I missed something out that I wanted to put in.....and that's good enough. I'm not going to say I'm 'ecstatic', but it's not my way to be ecstatic about something like this, but it feels right all the same. I look at Jenn's new book and Chris' new book and actually feel more excited about theirs than I do mine, not because I think mine is 'worse' necessarily, but because it's so good to see them shining their light through their books. It feels like a really cool door is opening for them both. And Analis too...she is doing good at 4000 words in...and she has a tough task....she has to talk about herself! I've got a feeling though that when it's done, it will be an amazing thing.

So, I wonder if I have anything more to say. At this point, I suspect that even if I don't, then something will be written anyway, because I sense the movement to express through the form of writing is still there. Plus it's looking strongly like our winter is going to spent with four gorgeous cats, and I don't think they are going to let me hide from it. These are exciting times for us as a family, it feels like something good is happening with all this, its not easy by any means, but there is a positivity there even amidst the stress of trying to work out how on earth to do margins, headers and page numbers. Roll on 2015.....

~ Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments and questions and will try to address them as best we can.